If you have kids this it the ultimate fun guide to what to do in Jozi this December. So don’t panic and visit the same boring places over and over venture out and discover how fun Jhb can be. The list is made up from different sources I have come across while trying to see how to keep my kids busy this holiday.
Here is the list I came out with
1. Gizmos and gadgets at Sci Bono discovery center Newtown from the 10th to the 31st December. They are open on Christmas Day.
2. Montecasino bird garden holiday program.
Kids from 6 to 11 can learn about birds, mammals,reptile and conservation initiatives from 12-15 December 8:30-2pm cost is R145 a day for more info visit the website.
3. Roller rink, old school roller rinks for all ages based in bryanston. Must try for some family fun see more on www.rollegoli.co.za
4. The ski deck in randburg.
Bum-boarding down the 20 m or 40m slope there is also a water slide.
For more info see www.ski.co.za
5. Tropical beach festival playground at sliver star casino. Only in the 16th December for more info see the website.
6. The great Moscow circus
The circus captures the thrills and fun of the circuses of yesteryear. They have included daredevils, daring acrobats and much more. It’s at montecasino and tickets can be bought at computicket
7. Outdoor movies are held through out the month at Melrose Arch as well as Montecasino please see the malls websites for more info.
8. Cookie workshop for kids @ Rosebank mall 15-24 December 10 am to 5pm cost is R20 per person
9. Apartheid museum near gold reef city is a must see for all kids 6 and older.
10. Hop on and off bus to your the city and discover new sites in JhB while visiting prominent landmarks. Red bus tours there is a ticket stand in rosebank mall.
11. Cedar junction Theme park. For every train fanatic this is a must see. Entrance fee are around R30 per person. There is also paddle boats and zip lines at the park. Call 0128111183
12. National children’s theater has various programs this holiday you can see the website for more info. Www.nationalchildrenstheatre.co.za
13. Jozi X action world has become the must visit place for all kids. It an adventure land on its own. More info visit www.jozix.co.za
14. Wonderwall climbing gym. A bouldering cave, 500m2 if climbing walls. For more information visit www.wonderwall.co.za
16.climb to the top of the Carlton center and enjoy a breathtaking view while having a picnic
17.market on main on a Sunday brings the inner city alive. It is relatively safe and there is a lot to do in the CBD. You can also visit Africas first design museum when you are ther as well as see a movie that you won’t find any where else at the biscope.
18. A fund day of maize mazes in honeydue. I didn’t know this place has been around for over ten years and provides different mazes for the whole family to enjoy. Cost R120 for adult and R80 for kids. You can also have a picnic there. Google search honey dew mazes or call 0737952174
19. World origin museum a must see for all kids cost is R75 for adults and children R35
20. Adventures at Orlando towers. It is the perfect place to challenge your fears with paintball, cloning or bungee jumping. The towers are the most distinctive landmarks in the area.
21. Yeesh kids is fun for kids from a few months till about 8 years old they based in the woodmead value mart and is fun for an afternoon out.
22. Go quad biking and escape the city and hit the segwati quad trails on the slopes of the witwatersberg mountain overlooking the cradle of human kind. Kids have to be 13 and older for this. But husbands may love it. Call 0824129823
I hope this list helps you discover new things this holidays. Please feel free to add to the list under the comments. Be safe and happy holidays.